Saturday, September 13, 2008

Step It Up #6




The Step It Up Challenge was to make a game or toy using Amuse things (paper, stamps, ribbons, etc.) Great idea! I got these tins from Papertrey Ink because I was sure I "needed" them, but this was the first time I used one. So the outside is pretty simple. Inside I have three different "things to do". The first two are a small notebook I covered in Amuse paper and did a simple stamp on, along with a few crayons. My daughter is into "writing" so this is perfect. The next are some puppet sticks. I stamped the Elzybell Princess stamp and made 5 of these (pink, blue, yellow, purple and dk blue) and used the small craft sticks for them. She can make each a different princess and do pretend play with them. The last is a tic-tac-toe game. I did the block on the computer and stuck it to the bottom of the tin. Then I made 5 "pieces" of each using the Daisy Trio stamp and Cupcake stamp. I used my 1 1/4 circle punch for the pink and blue backgrounds and then stuck some magnets on the back, so they won't get lost and they will stay in place when she plays with them. I love the fact that all of these things fit in the tin and it will be easy just to grab the tin and put in my purse for going out to eat or to church. What do you think?

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh, how CUTE!! This is so fun!! I had a similar idea for tic-tac-toe in one of those tins which I have made up but not posted yet. Mine is VERY basic though, you've gone above and beyond with this one!! I absolutely love this whole set!! Thanks so much for playing with us this month!!!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I think this is awesome! What a cool project!! I love the idea of just having it with you when you are out! Thanks for the inspiration! :)