Friday, January 9, 2009

Thinking about Heart Day


Even though I still have Christmas decorations up (coming down today!) and I have yet to write Christmas thank you notes, I am already thinking of Valentine's day and my projects. I made this card awhile back for a contest or something, but realized I never posted it. I love this Elsye stamp from Amuse. It was my first Amuse stamp and I bought it last year to make my daughter's Valentines for school. The card ended up different than I planned, because of an "oops that didn't work". Originally the "U", which is a chipboard, was white and I used an ink pad to dye it red. I was then going to use a SU! polka dot background on it and emboss it in white. Well...because the chipboard was textured and not smooth, the stamp didn't come out quite right and it looked awfully. So to salvage it I decided to wrap the chipboard piece in ribbon. The color of my ribbon wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was all I had that would work. I might try this again with a better ribbon and see how it turns out.

No comments: